Apply your knowledge of the AICPA’s Peer Reviewer program to a practical application case study. This course features realistic case studies that encompass the most important elements of a system peer review, as well as several case studies pertaining to an engagement review. As a current or future team and/or review captain, you learn to successfully plan for, perform, and report on both system and engagement reviews. You are also introduced to the administrative and committee roles in the peer review program.
Course ID: PRTC
Becoming an AICPA Peer Review Team or Review Captain: Case Study Application
- Analyze the process of how to effectively plan system and engagement peer reviews.
- Identify steps needed to understand a firm’s system of quality control.
- Identify procedures used in testing the firm’s system.
- Identify issues that affect an organization or audit firm.
- Identify procedures that should be performed prior to accepting a peer review engagement.
This course uses an application-based case study approach to cover the following topics: • Pre-acceptance considerations • Planning considerations • Evaluation of a firm’s system of quality control • Risk assessment • Engagement selection • Interviewing managing partners, CEOs, and staff • Completing a Matter for Further Consideration Form • Evaluation of noncompliance with Professional Standards • Writing peer review reports
Who Should Attend
Individuals who wish to serve as peer review team captains and review captains
Fields of StudyAuditing
Completion of the AICPA’s “Becoming an AICPA Peer Review Team or Review Captain: Program Overview” online course (Acronym: PRTCO)