BI and business analytics are in high demand. Companies are adopting data analytics initiatives to enable better and faster decision making. Excel and Power BI are an advanced, yet easy, way to get started with self service business analytics / business intelligence.
Course ID: EXCPBIDA
Excel, Power BI and Data Analysis – Eliminating the Paralysis of the Analysis
- Explain the Excel “power tools” and better understand the capabilities of “modern” Excel
- Understand how Excel and PowerBI, although separate platforms, are integrated and complementary tools
- Explain the process of “ELTR” in data analytics – Extract, Transform, Load and Report
- Understand basic reporting concepts and considerations for both Excel and PowerBI
- Explore basic data sets and understand the basics of cleaning data using Excel (consistent with Power BI)
- Use real-world data sets and examples to take back to your organizations and put to use
- Concepts of modern Excel power tools and Power BI
- Cleaning data (Power Query),
- Shaping and modeling data (Power Pivot, Data Model and DAX)
- Loading data and tips for creating basic dashboards and reports
- Real-world data sets and examples
Who Should Attend
Financial leaders and senior management interested in better understanding the data analytics opportunities that exist with Microsoft’s readily available spreadsheet and BI solution. Leaders of tomorrow will benefit from a strong foundation in data analytics, and that knowledge starts with the everyday tools that we all have.
Fields of StudyInformation Technology
Designed as an overview session, rather than a “how-to” deep dive. However, use of Excel on a regular basis and ability to navigate menus, options, etc. provided in the software would be beneficial – but not required.