Financial statements contain a plethora of information, but companies and analysts are often overwhelmed with “data overload” in their day-to-day operations. This course focuses on key metrics and a means of conducting easy trend analysis and forecasting to hone in on those ratios that are most critical to a business.
Course ID: FSAF
Financial Statement Analysis and Forecasting
- Calculate and analyze various forms of corporate valuation techniques
- Calculate and analyze profitability ratios
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Calculate and analyze effect ratios
- Calculate and analyze causal ratios
- Analyze a company’s product concept and markets and their effect on ratios
- Conduct a financial ratio comparison across competitors/industries
- Conduct an analysis of a bankruptcy prediction model
- Forecast sustainable growth through External Funds Needed calculations
The course will examine and walk-through key financial statement ratios and trends across multiple industries, with particular focus on less common analysis ratios and how to utilize them across various market segments. In addition, a strong focus on a company’s “product concept” will be included and how it ties to the financials.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, industry accounting/finance staff, business managers
Fields of StudyFinance