This course will provide CPAs who work with closely held companies an up-to-the minute overview of the major challenges they are currently facing in their practice. Topic coverage will be selected by participants and will be updated to reflect the most important issues that are affecting practitioners today.
Course ID: HTAA
Hot Topics in Accounting and Financial Reporting (Accounting Upate)
- Understand how evolving cybersecurity threats impact financial reporting
- Recognize new ways to detect fraudulent financial reporting
- Understand the immediate and near medium term e impact of FASB projects involving revenue recognition, leases and financial instruments and how they will affect closely held companies
- Become familiar with breaking issues affecting the profession
- Lease accounting – challenges & practical answers
- Revenue recognition – FASB principles and industry implementation strategies
- Recent FASB standards – financial instruments, loan covenants, not-for-profits and the simplification initiative
- Cybersecurity – accounting, regulatory and compliance responsibilities.
- Detecting & preventing financial statement fraud: new tools and challenges
Who Should Attend
Accountants in public practice and business who need an update of recent professional developments.
Fields of StudyAuditing
Prior learning or experience in accounting and auditing