Make sure your clients are protecting themselves from higher taxes. Get the latest techniques for building and conserving wealth through proactive tax-planning and investment strategies. Completely updated for tax law changes, this course will bring you up-to-date on the latest strategies which will keep more money in the hands of your clients and ensure your place as trusted advisor. Course materials include the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) tax reform law.
Course ID: CL4CYCT
Smart Tax Planning Strategies for Individuals
- Recall how to increase client wealth by focusing on tax-saving opportunities.
- Apply tax-planning moves in light of new and recent tax developments.
- Recognize ways to protect your client from tax pitfalls.
- Recall anticipated possible tax legislation and determine how to position your clients for financial success.
• Tax-smart strategies for capital-gain assets and fixed-income investments • 0.9% and 3.8% Medicare taxes • Mutual fund tax strategies • Tax-saving ideas for self-employed clients – including ways to reduce self-employment and FICA taxes, strategies for husband-wife businesses, depreciation deductions, and lots more • Tax angles for vacation homes, timeshares, and co-ownership arrangements • Divorcing clients – tax angles are critically important • Understanding the tax implications of personal residence short sales and foreclosures • Employer stock options: tax planning moves
Who Should Attend
CPAs looking for innovative taxplanning techniques to help clients fight higher taxes
Fields of StudyTaxes
Basic knowledge of individual income taxation