Many say the accounting profession is set to play a key role in driving the adoption of this new technology to both privately-held and publicly-traded companies. But what exactly is blockchain? In short, Blockchain is a global digital ledger of economic transactions that is transparent, continually updated by countless users, and considered by many as almost impossible to corrupt or hack. What are the components that make up this technology? How does this apply to accounting professionals? You’ll get that knowledge here! You, as an accounting/auditing professional, can decide the fate of how the adoption will come to fruition. Blockchain has the potential to significantly disrupt the business sector and the public accounting industry in the next three to five years. This course is designed to get you up to speed on what this cutting-edge technology is all about. You’ll learn about the basic concepts, lexicon, technology and potential applications related to Blockchain. This course will help you prepare for future conversations about Blockchain with your clients, prospects, colleagues, peers and others.
Course ID: UBCAA
Understanding Blockchain: For CPAs, Accountants & Auditors
- Identify Blockchain Technology and its impact on both the financial reporting process and the audit approach and the latest software being utilized
- Understand Public vs. Private Blockchains
- Recognize the differences between Centralized, Decentralized and Distributed Networks
- Discuss realistic applications in practice
- Evaluate next steps in the evolution of your practice
- What is Blockchain (in Plain English)?
- Understanding Public vs. Private Blockchains
- Differences between Centralized, Decentralized and Distributed Networks
- Realistic Applications in Practice
- Learn about the latest Blockchain software out on the market
- Next Steps in the Evolution of Your Practice
- What will you do?
Who Should Attend
Auditors, accountants, practitioners, and CPAs
Fields of StudyInformation Technology
General knowledge and curiosity in learning more about Blockchain.