Does a single audit have you running in circles? This course provides you with the knowledge to be more efficient and effective at planning and performing audits in accordance with the requirements of the Uniform Guidance and the Single Audit Act. Make sure your skills are up-to-date with the latest information in this challenging audit area.
- Analyze the relationship of the Single Audit Act and the OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Identify the types of guidance and requirements found in the Uniform Guidance
- Identify fundamental auditee and auditor responsibilities related to a compliance audit of federal awards.
- Determine major federal programs.
- Determine the requirements of the single audit as it relates to understanding internal control, assessing the level of control risk, and testing the effectiveness of internal control relative to federal awards.
- Identify the single audit requirements for testing the direct and material compliance requirements for major programs
- Determine reporting requirements.
- Identify the audit and reporting requirements for program-specific audits.
• Introduction to single audits • Preparation of the schedule of expenditures of federal awards and determining major programs • Understanding, assessing and testing internal control • Testing compliance with federal statutes and regulations and applicable compliance requirements • Auditor reporting in a Uniform Guidance compliance audit • Program-specific audits • Administrative requirements and cost principles in a single audit • Update on Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision
Professional Area of Focus
Who Should Attend
Auditors performing single audit engagements, internal financial staff of governments, and not-for-profit entities interacting with auditors
Background of not-for-profit or governmental accounting and auditing
Oct 14, 2019
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST
Calibre CPA Group PLLC
7200 Wisconsin Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814 US
Register for this Event
Calibre CPA Group PLLC – Part 1 – Uniform Guidance / Audit Course by Tricia Griffis