Effective leadership requires more than technical prowess. Today’s controllers and managers need to be adept at understanding and leading a team.
This course, part of the Business Learning Institute’s CFO/Controller Series, shows you how to master the “soft skills” of business management. Join fellow business managers for sessions taught by experts in negotiation, leadership, and team building trends and techniques, and learn to achieve organizational goals and oversee the integrated functions of the firm.
Featured Speaker: Michael Kraten
Michael Kraten, PhD, CPA specializes in the development of business strategies that stimulate the generation of long term sustainable value. He is renowned for his work on making managers more effective.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear directly from one of the leading experts on business management!
Upon completion of this course, participants will possess:
- The ability to recognize the key characteristics of effective communication
- The skill to apply these characteristics in negotiation and team building scenarios
- The knowledge to integrate these experiences into short-term and long-term leadership development plans.
- Theories of Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Defining Simplicity, Creativity, and Humanity
- Organizational Frameworks and Case Examples
- Group Dynamics and Organizational Behavior
- Negotiation Theory in Business, Politics, and Culture
- Leadership Models and Case Examples
- Ethics vs Morality: Codes of Employee Behavior
- Save The Blue Frog: An Interactive, Experiential Game
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
CPE Field of Study
Communications and Marketing
Business Management & Organization
Who Should Attend
CFOs, Controllers, Financial Professionals, and CPAs working in Client Accounting Services
Experience as a Controller, CFO, or Manager
Jun 4, 2020
8:00 am - 3:30 pm EST
Loyola Graduate Center
2034 Greenspring Dr
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093 US
In-Person + Simulcast
Register for this Event
CFO/Controller & Financial Professional Updates Seminar Series: Soft Skills in Leadership, Negotiation, and Team Building