There are many kinds of “problem employees” in the organizational jungle. Even the most seasoned professionals find it difficult to deal with someone who employs a hard-edged, aggressive, “take-no-prisoners” communication style, or is “passive aggressive”, or is some other type that harms the culture.
In this interactive session, participants will learn a systematic approach on how to deal with these “controlling” types without becoming one. By using a systematic approach to identifying and disarming the difficult person, participants will be able to eliminate the roadblocks and build a high performing culture.
Upon completion of this webcast, participants will be able to:
* Recognize the impact of personal and workplace conflict
* Identify individual communication styles
* Identify ways to deal with the really tough communication challenges
* Identify individual and organizational conflict styles
* Identify do’s and dont’s for preventing workplace conflict.
* Defining the problem – The multiple types of difficult people and how to spot them
* Clarifying the cost – the damage done by difficult people
* Three absolute do’s and don’ts in managing conflict with difficult people
* How to recognize “shark” like behavior
* Distinguishing rational from intuitive approaches
* How to expand your behavioral flexibility to handle specific kinds of tough situations
* Using “pacing behavior” to build trust and defuse anger patterns
* Improving interpersonal communication skills
* How to stop hiring and encouraging “victims”
Leaders in an organization who want to improve their communication and conflict resolution skills.
Some supervisory or management experience