BI and business analytics are in high demand. Companies are adopting data analytics initiatives to enable better and faster decision making. Excel and Power BI are an advanced, yet easy, way to get started with self service business analytics / business intelligence.
- Explain the Excel “power tools” and better understand the capabilities of “modern” Excel
- Understand how Excel and PowerBI, although separate platforms, are integrated and complementary tools
- Explain the process of “ELTR” in data analytics – Extract, Transform, Load and Report
- Understand basic reporting concepts and considerations for both Excel and PowerBI
- Explore basic data sets and understand the basics of cleaning data using Excel (consistent with Power BI)
- Use real-world data sets and examples to take back to your organizations and put to use
Building basic data analytics capabilities within a CPA firm is essential in today’s data driven world. In this session, you will learn:
- why this skill set is essential
- how Excel can be leveraged – further than you think – to provide this differentiating service, and
- what areas to target to provide immediate value to your clients and highlighting your capabilities
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
Who Should Attend
Financial leaders and senior management interested in better understanding the data analytics opportunities that exist with Microsoft’s readily available spreadsheet and BI solution. Leaders of tomorrow will benefit from a strong foundation in data analytics, and that knowledge starts with the everyday tools that we all have.
Designed as an overview session, rather than a “how-to” deep dive. However, use of Excel on a regular basis and ability to navigate menus, options, etc. provided in the software would be beneficial – but not required.
Register for this Event
IMA Delmarva -Excel, Power BI and Data Analysis – Eliminating the Paralysis of the Analysis